Official Rules for “Great Bear Rainforest Sweepstakes”
- SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION. These official rules (“Official Rules”) apply to the “Great Bear Rainforest Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) offered as part of the promotion for the launch of the Great Bear Rainforest film. Two grand-prize winners and their guest will be selected to win one of two prizes for the “Great Bear Rainforest Sweepstakes.” The prizes are either a 10-day boating trip aboard Mothership Adventures’ ship Columbia III or a 5-day stay and tour with the Spirit Bear Lodge in the heart of British Columbia’s Great Bear Rainforest. Without exception, the grand-prize winner must have agreed to the rules of the promotion to be eligible for the prize. To enter into the Sweepstakes, you must provide your name, age, location e-mail address, and complete an entry form as described herein for a chance to win, subject to the following terms and conditions.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MacGillivray Freeman Films (“Sponsor”).This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook has complete release from any obligation by each entrant or participant.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes commences at 11:00:01 AM (PT) on February 8, 2019, and ends at 10:00PM (PT) on May 9, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received or postmarked by 10:00PM (PT) on May 10, 2019 and any entries postmarked thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec). Entrants must be at least 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Winner must present valid driver’s license and/or passport to verify date of birth. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Sponsor and any affiliated companies, sponsors, advertising agencies, and third party fulfillment agencies are not eligible.Winner agrees to send photos of their trip to MacGillivray Freeman Films and let their name and likeness be used in promotion associated with winning the trip.Because of nature of prize, winner should be of good health and physically mobile without limitations and be willing to travel and reside in a boat on water for eight to ten days. The captain of vessel has the sole discretion to determine if someone is capable of making the voyage. Winner should not be subject to excessive sea sickness. Winner is permitted to participate in some land and water sport activities including hiking and kayaking but only under the approval of the captain of vessel who will properly evaluate weather and sea conditions.The winner must provide his or her own travel and transportation to and from the tour location: The winner of the Mothership Adventures trip must provide their own travel to and from the remote British Columbia village of Bella Bella. The winner of the Spirit Bear Lodge trip must provide his or her own travel to Vancouver International Airport.
(C) GENERAL ENTRY TERMS: All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. If entrants share the contest with another user via the website’s “share tool,” it will count as a second entry into the contest. In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries (both mail-in and electronic) and materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. THE ODDS OF WINNING THE SWEEPSTAKES DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be two (2) grand-prize winners randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants on or about 10 days after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor and/or its designees shall thereafter attempt to contact the potential Prize Winners using the e-mail address provided by the Entrant as part of the entry process. Grand Prize winners will be selected randomly from all entrants.If the potential Prize Winners cannot be contacted or do not respond (within 48 hours of attempted notification) and/or return two (2) copies of the completed Sweepstakes Documentation (as defined herein) within five (5) days of said attempted notification, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such potential Prize Winners and, if time permits, to select the next qualifying potential Prize Winner and attempt to contact same, who shall be subject to the same eligibility requirements and disqualification in the same manner as described in these Official Rules. Sponsor shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential Prize Winners and no responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any e-mail(s) or other correspondence returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or any other problems, omissions or technical malfunctions associated with any network, servers, computer equipment, software, applications, the Internet or any combination thereof. For the avoidance of doubt, each potential Prize Winner shall be subject to verification, including, without limitation, as described in Article 7 below, which may require more than six weeks for processing and confirmation of same.
- PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION: Upon the request of Sponsor, the potential Prize Winners must sign and return the following documents in order to be eligible to receive the Prize (as defined herein): (a) an affidavit of eligibility, (b) a publicity/liability release, (c) any other releases and waivers requested by Sponsor, in each instance (i.e., subsections (a), (b) and (c) above), releasing Sponsor from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for or related to (i) personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Sweepstakes or the receipt and/or use of any Prize and (ii) publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, intellectual property and any other personal, proprietary or property rights of any party and/or any related cause of, including, without limitation, the use/misuse and/or acceptance of any Prize; and (d) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use each potential Prize Winner’s name and likeness for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes without additional compensation, credit, accounting, notification or approval (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Documentation”). By entering into the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to promptly sign and return all of the Sweepstakes Documentation.Canadian entrants (excluding residents of Quebec) must correctly answer a time limited skill testing question, without assistance of any kind whether electronic or otherwise, to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time in order to be declares the confirmed prize winner. (No applicable to residents of the United States or District of Columbia.)
- PRIZE TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS: Only the Prizes as described in these Official Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents and/or redemptions shall be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, including a cash award, in the event that the applicable Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of any Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Sponsor Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use and redemption of any Prize. The Sponsor Entities make no representations or warranties (express or implied) concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Sponsor shall not be liable for nor replace any lost or stolen element of any Prize. Designation as a Prize Winner is non-transferable or assignable to any other person or entity.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND CONDITIONS: Subject to all of the terms set forth in these Official Rules, the prize for the Sweepstakes shall include the following:The Great Bear Rainforest Sweepstakes prize awards two grand prize winners one of two prizes. The first prize is a 10-day trip for two aboard Mothership Adventures’ ship Columbia III for a kayaking trip into the heart of British Columbia’s Great Bear Rainforest. The trip must be redeemed September 26 to October 5, 2019. Tours are all inclusive. Mothership Adventures supplies kayaks and related gear, meals, bedding, shower towels and wine with the evening meal. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of this prize trip with Mothership Adventures is: $10,500 US ($13,790 CDN) for two guests. The second prize is a 5-day, 4-night stay and tour with Spirit Bear Lodge. The trip must be redeemed from June 1- October 10, 2020. The package includes transportation from the Vancouver International Airport to the Spirit Bear Lodge within the Kitasoo Xai’xais traditional territory via airplane and ferry boat. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of this prize trip with the Spirit Bear Lodge is: $7,600 US ($10,000 CDN) for two guests. Winner must obey all local laws. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to: ground transportation, airfare, personal charges at lodging, telecommunication charges, security fees, taxes, or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of winner. Winner will be contacted, in advance, to provide input on trip details. Restrictions, conditions and limitation may apply. The retail value is based on approximate prize values in Canada at the time of printing these Official Rules. All estimated retail values do not include applicable goods and service tax, provincial or sales and use taxes. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- POSTING TERMS; RESTRICTIONS; LICENSE: In order to promote, market and publicize the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor Entities and certain other related initiatives, entities and services, the Sponsor Entities require a license to use any and all information, materials and content posted, made available or submitted in connection with each Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), user name(s), biographical information, and any other personal information (collectively, the “Postings”). By way of example and by no means limitation, the Postings may be used in connection with leader boards, widgets, Entrant lists, news feeds, emails, notifications, message boards, forums, blogs, online social community network profiles/groups/platforms, periodicals, magazines, news reports, websites, programming channels, broadcast and any other means of public display and performance, and other uses which may incorporate the Sponsor Entities and/or other affiliated parties’ property and branding (including, without limitation, promotional materials such as banners, photos, logos, trademarks, audio-visual content, widgets, etc.). Accordingly, each Entrant hereby expressly grants the Sponsor Entities a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, sublicensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, create derivative works, modify and promote any and all Postings in, on, through and in connection with any and all now known or hereafter devised, discovered or developed forms of media, products, platforms and services, without notice and without compensation, right of inspection, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any Entrant or any other third party.
- GENERAL TERMS: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries in the Sweepstakes or any Entrant’s activities associated therewith that may be deemed, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to violate these Official Rules, and/or any policies or guidelines established by Sponsor that govern Entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes. Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right to administer a skill-testing question to Canadian residents (excluding Quebec, the 50 United states and District of Columbia) as it deems appropriate to address discrimination or disability issues.ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any transmission or other activity not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel the Sweepstakes for any reason or no reason in its sole discretion without liability or obligation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for the incorrect or inaccurate posting of information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Postings, Eligible Entries, memberships, registrations or other correspondence or transmissions in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, applications, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion or otherwise on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any materials, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prize Winners. If, for any reason, any functionality or other aspect of the Sweepstakes is not capable of being offered and/or operated as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant or other party for any reason, including those it finds to (a) have tampered with the entry process or the operation of any technology associated therewith (or any component thereof); (b) be acting in violation of these Official Rules or the spirit of the Sweepstakes; or (c) be acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, whether with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or Entrant or other otherwise, or to have provided inaccurate information at any time during the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, on any entries or legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant whose conduct, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate or unsportsmanlike in any way for the Sweepstakes.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Entrants agrees and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Entrants acts or omissions in connection the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
- DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Prize Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and each Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions, rights and obligations of each Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules, shall take place in the State of California, County of Orange. The Sponsor Entities and each Entrant waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Prize Winner’s name, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Great Bear Rainforest Sweepstakes, MacGillivray Freeman Films, P.O. Box 205, Laguna Beach, California 92652. Requests received after June 1, 2019 shall not be honored.
- SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MacGillivray Freeman Films, P.O. Box 205, Laguna Beach, California 92652.